By 2025 it is estimated that over 300 million men worldwide will suffer from Erectile Dysfunction or ED. This is a staggering number and something that we treat at The Hormone Zone. After years of working with men of all ages suffering from some form of ED, it appears that “oxidative stress” is one of the main reasons for ED. Oxidative stress is a form of cellular “rusting” that happens as we age. The main way our bodies prevent or get rid of that rust is through ANTI-oxidants.
The key to proper erectile function is improving your antioxidant status in your body. One way this is done through eating more food that contain specific antioxidants such as anthocyanins (found in blueberries, cherries, blackberries, black currants, and radishes), flavanones (found in citrus fruits), and flavones (found in parsley, thyme, celery, and hot peppers).
One particular study with over 50,000 men, tracked over decades, found that highly potent antioxidant foods were very helpful. Men with the highest dietary intake of flavonoids from fruit had a 14% reduction in ED risk. These antioxidants improve endothelial function and blood pressure, which protect against erectile function.
The penis is an extension of the cardiovascular system. The penis serves as a barometer of what is going on within the cardiovascular system in terms of blood pressure and blood vessel health. Specifically, it is about the health of the lining of the blood vessels called the endothelium. And when the endothelium is healthy, the blood vessel can respond appropriately to BOTH responsively dilate to fill with blood and reactively constrict to hold it in. And this, gentlemen, is where the erection comes from.
- Eat fruits and vegetables every day. Juicing is one of the easiest way to get a large amount of these erection saving foods in one shot.
- Measure your antioxidant status. We offer a specialized Biophotonic scanner that assesses your antioxidant status in 60 seconds, providing you with an antioxidant score. Improve your score and you can improve your erections.
- Take a supplement that improves your antioxidant status. We can help you find the best physician grade supplements for you.
- Improve the lining of your blood vessels and take Nitric Oxide. Make sure it is a physician grade medicinal supplement for the best results.
- When your antioxidant status and nitric oxide status is optimal, you will respond better to both testosterone therapy and PDE5 drugs such as viagra and cialis.
Reference: Dietary flavonoid intake and incidence of erectile dysfunction https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/