PiezoWave2 Acoustic Wave Therapy
With more than half of all men between the ages of 40 and 70 suffering from some type of erectile dysfunction and millions more experiencing symptoms, erectile dysfunction is more than a problem; it’s an epidemic. While some men with ED will respond well to conventional treatment options like medication, standard methods will not be enough for others, especially for men whose ED is caused by inadequate penile vascular function, or vasculogenic ED. Plaque buildup, scar tissue, and other arterial blockages in the blood vessels of the penis can impede blood flow, preventing you from forming and supporting an erection. Without addressing this physiological condition, you will not see sustained success from ED therapies.
Shockwave or acoustic wave therapy is a non-invasive regenerative therapy that can restore penile health, erection quality, and sexual performance, especially in men suffering from age-related ED. Age-related ED is most commonly caused by a buildup of plaque in the arteries that supply blood to the erectile tissue. Shockwave therapy can break up this plaque and improve blood flow to the penis.
The sound wave energy used in shockwave therapy has also been shown to be effective at repairing old or damaged blood vessels and stimulating the growth of new blood vessels (neovascularization), allowing for better blood flow.
Shockwave therapy for ED can be combined with other therapeutic treatments offered at The Hormone Zone—such as the P-shot, peptide therapy, testosterone replacement, PhalloFILL, and trimix injections—to provide more permanent, longer-lasting results than alternatives like medication alone.
The Hormone Zone is proud to offer PiezoWave2 as part of our comprehensive and state-of-the-art approach to health, wellness, and longevity. The most sophisticated physical medicine modality to-date, PiezoWave2 is the next generation of shockwave devices designed to provide more effective and consistent application even at various focus zones than conventional, point-focused shockwave therapy.
Classified as myofascial acoustic compression therapy (MyACT), PiezoWave2 is simply different from traditional acoustic wave therapy. It uses low-intensity, high-density piezoelectric energy waves that can penetrate deeper into the penile tissue to stimulate new blood vessel growth and increase penile blood flow, delivering specific and controllable treatment benefits such as:
- Deeper, more precise penetration in the target tissue
- Better depth control for more pointed treatment
- Quiet application with no uncomfortable vibrations
- High therapeutic success rate
- Well-defined treatment zone that is easily reproducible from one treatment to the next for consistent results
Moreover, the size, thickness, and penetration depth of the energy wave focus zones from PiezoWave2 can be modified based on your unique needs, stimulating your body’s natural healing mechanisms and enabling highly targeted and individualized treatment with improved efficacy.
Available only to physicians, the PiezoWave2 is a clinically proven, evidence-based method for treating conditions like vasculogenic ED and Peyronie’s Disease, a condition in which accumulated scar tissue in the penis can lead to a curved, painful erection. Piezowave therapy is also an effective treatment for acute and chronic pain in the muscles and joints, and can be used in conjunction with all regenerative treatments offered at The Hormone Zone for the best outcomes possible.
How PiezoWave2 Works
The efficacy of PiezoWave is two-fold.
- For more than 30 years, shockwave therapy—of which PiezoWave2 is a version—has been a standard treatment option for wound healing, orthopedic symptoms, pain relief, and even kidney stones. Low-intensity acoustic mechanical pulses target damaged tissue at different depths, then manipulate it and compress it to promote healing, much like a deep tissue massage. The sound waves can be precisely adjusted for depth and intensity to target tissues that are too deep for physical manipulation.
- As a regenerative therapy, PiezoWave2 and shockwave therapy can stimulate a process called angiogenesis, which is the development of new blood vessel growth. By transferring energy to affected tissues and inducing direct mechanical stress, PiezoWave can help trigger your body’s own natural healing process, promoting tissue healing and regeneration through:
- Improved circulation and microcirculation
- Reduced inflammation
- Progenitor recruitment
- Nerve regeneration
- Increased nitric oxide levels in the blood
When used as a treatment for ED, PiezoWave2 can trigger important changes deeper in the penile tissue that lead to new blood vessel growth and increased blood flow to the penis, both of which are crucial to optimal erectile function, including quality and performance. By promoting neovascularization in the shaft and crus, PiezoWave2 can be highly effective in diabetic or vasculogenic patients who have not had success with conventional treatment or as a more permanent and convenient alternative to vacuum pumps, injections, or other procedures. PiezoWave2 can also be used in conjunction with other ED treatments like pde5 inhibitors such as Viagra and Cialis to improve their efficacy.
PiezoWave2/Acoustic Wave Therapy at The Hormone Zone
At The Hormone Zone, we know that ED is just part of your bigger picture. Led by Dr. John Robinson and Dr. Cristina Bosch, renowned hormone and sexual wellness specialists with more than 34 years of combined experience, our team takes a holistic approach to your ED symptoms and digs deeper to discover the best treatment options for your ideal health. Through personalized vascular screening protocols and assessments of your penile vascular blood flow, vascular compliance, and penile reactivity, as well as in-depth hormone testing and advanced diagnostic analysis, we’ll develop a comprehensive, customized plan tailored to your unique needs, one that targets the root cause of your ED instead of just the symptoms.
Since 2006, The Hormone Zone has been at the forefront of innovative and alternative treatment methods that combine the best of traditional medicine with proven naturopathic modalities for real, sustainable results. As early adopters of the O Shot, the P Shot, peptide therapy, and hormone replacement therapy, PiezoWave2 fits squarely within our wheelhouse of carefully researched and professionally implemented offerings designed to help feel, look, and perform better than you ever have. Find out today if Piezowave2 is right for you and schedule a no-obligation consultation.
What to Expect When Receiving Acoustic Wave Therapy (AWT)
A typical treatment session takes 15 to 30 minutes. First, the provider applies a conducting gel to the treatment area. Then they move the acoustic wand over the skin’s surface, administering a strong, vibrating massage. The level of pressure, length of the treatment session, and intensity will depend on your particular concern.
Bruising, swelling, numbness, tingling, or pain can occur after receiving AWT but discomfort or pain from the therapy should subside within 48 hours.
How Long Does it Take for Results?
Multiple sessions (typically 6-10) are required to see results. Maintenance sessions are recommended starting 3 months after your final session to keep the results you have already received.
*How is The Hormone Zone’s Approach for ED Unique?
- At The Hormone Zone, we actually treat ED. Our goal for you is improvement and reversal of any level of Erectile Dysfunction you are experiencing, and we utilize the full array of cutting-edge medical options to achieve this goal for you. We treat ED comprehensively with suggestions for optimal diet and medical medical weight loss, supplementation with nutrients that boost Nitric Oxide, prescriptions for PD-5 inhibitors, Testosterone Replacement Therapy, Peptide Therapy, and much more.
- We also combine Acoustic Wave therapies with the P-Shot for enhanced results to further strengthen erections and sexual wellness. For those men who don’t want to wait for several acoustic wave treatments, we are providers of Trimix injections, which can be used to produce an erection in as little as 5-10 minutes.
- To learn more about our comprehensive approach for ED, contact The Hormone Zone today. https://hormone-zone.com/contact/
What Else Does Acoustic Wave Technology Treat?
At The Hormone Zone, we utilize Acoustic Wave Therapy to treat excess cellulite (adipose fat). It does this by sending pressure waves to the lower layers of skin tissue with the goal of reducing the appearance of cellulite and firming the skin on the butt and thighs. The pressure waves also increase collagen production and relax stiffened connective-tissue fibers, helping smooth cellulite dimples.
CELLULITE IMPROVEMENT USING ACOUSTIC WAVE THERAPY