WHAT IS SELANK?
The peptide Selank has been labeled as an “anti-anxiety” peptide and has also shown improvement in learning, memory, cognition, depression, weakness and overall energy.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SELANK?
While most prescription drugs cause many unwanted side effects, studies have shown this peptide to have no negative side-effects or risk of addiction. Both Tuftsin and Selank have shown the ability to reduce anxiety and increase serotonin levels in animal models. Additional benefits include:
- Can improve anxiety
- Can improve learning
- Can enhance memory
- Can strengthen immune function: Selank can increase IL-6 in blood cells. IL-6 is an inflammatory protein that is believed to help fight off infections. Selank can also stimulate the release of interferons, which are anti-viral molecules.
- Can help with brain damage recovery: Increases BDNF (Brain-derived neurotrophic factor), an important brain-growth compound
- Can help stabilize enkephalins in the blood — these counteract the stress response
- Can help with alcohol withdrawal
- Can help prevent weight gain and reduce cholesterol
Selank is a peptide used as a nasal spray. This is because it will be digested by the stomach if taken orally. Inhaling it is more effective for delivery to the bloodstream and into the brain.The typical dosage is one spray in each nostril daily.
WHAT IS SEMAX?
Semax is a peptide best known for its nootropic, neuroprotective, and neurogenic/neurorestorative properties. It was developed based on the molecular structure of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH).
Semax increases brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) levels. BDNF is among the most active neurotrophins, which are chemicals that help to stimulate and control neurogenesis, the birth of new neurons in the brain.
BDNF has been shown to play a role in neuroplasticity, which allows nerve cells in the brain to compensate for injury and adapt to new situations or changes in the environment. Basically, BDNF helps to support the survival of existing neurons and encourages the growth, regeneration, and creation of new neurons and synapses.
Semax also helps reduce the breakdown of enkephalins. Enkephalins are mainly involved in decreasing pain, reducing inflammation, preventing cancer cell growth, and increasing immune cell activity. They also play a role in memory, learning, emotional behavior, and pain. Balanced enkephalins levels are needed to maintain normal brain function.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SEMAX?
Some of the benefits of Semax may include:
- Increased attention and short-term memory
- Improved Non-proliferative Diabetic Neuropathy
- Can help during recovery from Stroke/HypoxiaImproved Glaucoma Optic Neuropathy
- May act as an Analgesic (pain reliever) by inhibiting Enkephalin breakdown
- Can be helpful in the treatment of ADHD
- Nootropic (cognitive-enhancing) effects
- Neuroprotection: may help protect the brain from various types of stress and damage